The study specifically aimed to explore:
1. How socio-cultural factors may influence the meanings individuals construct about gambling.
2. How different audience segments (in this case parents and their children) interpret messages about different types of advertisements in different ways.
3. How the framing of messages about gambling may influence perceptions about the risks and benefits associated with different types of gambling products and services.
The specific objectives of the study were to:
1. Provide detailed qualitative information about how different audience segments interpret the messages they see in gambling advertisements.
2. Strengthen understandings about how different gambling advertising strategies may influence gambling attitudes in different audience segments.
3. Inform future studies on audience perceptions of gambling advertising and marketing strategies.