This project had three key aims:
1. To identify the extent and nature of marketing tactics used by sports wagering companies on three social media platforms: YouTube, Twitter and Facebook.
2. To construct a typology of marketing tactics used across the different social media platforms as a map for future research investigations.
3. To recommend initiatives that may be taken up by the foundation and similar public health organisations in relation to reducing harm from gambling products.
The research was guided by three research questions:
1. What is the extent and nature of sports betting industry promotional tactics on social media platforms?
2. Are there differences in the way in which promotional tactics are used across different social media platforms?
3. What types of advocacy strategies may be useful in responding to the promotional tactics used by the wagering industry on social media?