BRIEF INTERVENTION GUIDE
Addressing risk and harm related to gambling
Aimed at professionals who are non-specialists in the treatment of problem gambling, but who work with potentially vulnerable groups, this Guide provides an overview of brief intervention for gambling-related harm. It offers practical tips on identifying a problem, how to talk to someone about their gambling, offering immediate brief support and when to signpost to specialist services.
In this Guide, you will find:
- An explanation of brief intervention
- How to offer brief intervention
- Supporting research evidence
- Overcoming potential barriers to brief intervention
- Resources for families and affected others
- Key steps to implementing this at an organisational level
To access the guide, please click here.
Using outcome measures in problem gambling treatment: A guide to sessional measurement